One thing we are not short of on a boat is fish! To keep things interesting though we do need multiple recipes to keep things from getting boring. I like this recipe because of how easy and simple it is and the fact there’s not a ton of sauce drowning the delicate fish.Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tsp olive oil (Extra Virgin)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 2 3-4oz. cod fillets
- 15min of prep, 10 minutes of cook time.
- 2 fillets
- The recipe calls for cod but any white fish will do: Monkfish, Skate, Red fish, sea bass, ETC..
- Be careful during cooking, it’s pretty easy to over cook this dish and will wind up with dry rubbery fillets, not very tasty.
- You can also add a pinch of pepper flakes to the crumb mixture if you want to add some heat.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a small bowl mix together: bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and olive oil. If should have a damp sand crumbly kind of texture, Set aside.
- Prepare a cooking rack with a broiler pan with some cooking spray or a light wiping of oil.
- Lay the fillets on top of the rack and brush on the egg whites. Be sure to fold any thin sections of the fillets. We want everything to cook evenly.
- Evenly spoon the crumb mixture on top of the fillets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or just till they are white and flaky throughout.
- Let the fillets rest a minute or two then gently remove them from the rack and plate for dinner!!