This is not really a recipe as much as a bunch of ingredients all in the same bowl at the same time. I’m not sure what the real name of this mix is, but everyone I know and myself have always referred to it as ‘Gorp’. It’s been a staple in my gym bag since high school. It’s salty, it’s chewy, it’s sweet, and it’s chocolaty, all the major food groups! I like having this mix around for a quick snack, especially when I’m starving but too busy for real food.
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 8oz. can of peanuts or any nut mix
- 1/2 cup of M&Ms (I like dark chocolate M&Ms)
- 5 minutes of prep
- approximately 3 cups of mix
- You can make many substitutions here: cashew for peanuts, dried cherries for raisins, etc. The object is to have a good blend of nuts to fruit to candy.
- I don’t really have a big sweet tooth so I usually decrease the amount of M&Ms. They’re nice to have in the recipe to add just a touch of sweetness, you may want to adjust to your own taste.
- Dump everything in a bowl and mix it up. 😛